For those looking to buy a luxury home in Marbella the upmarket urbanisations of Sierra Blanca and Cascada de Camojan should be high on your list of places to look. The properties in these areas are almost exclusively made up of high end detached villas.
Sierra Blanca and Cascada de Camojan are right for:
- Those looking for a high quality place to live which is just minutes from Marbella old town centre, the beaches and Puerto Banus.
- Those who enjoy the benefits of being close to Marbella and all its great amenities but want the peace and tranquillity of a location on the outskirts of town.
- Those looking for a villa with great sea and/or mountain views
Sierra Blanca and Cascada de Camojan are wrong for:
- Buyers looking for a beach side villa – Whilst just a 5 minute drive to the Marbella beaches neither of these urbanisations are what we would call ‘walking distance’ to the beach. Buyers seeking exclusive Marbella beachside locations should look at properties in areas like Marbella Golden Mile Beachside, Los Monteros Playa and Guadalmina Baja.
- Those wanting to be away from it all living in the countryside in the surrounding Marbella mountains. Buyers seeking this lifestyle should look at property in La Zagaleta Country Club and El Madroñal.
- Those with a budget for a villa of below €2.5m. These locations are among the most exclusive in Marbella and property prices here start at around this level. Like anywhere else in the world, ‘location location location’ is key and as such property here will always be in demand and hence makes a good investment. For those with a budget from €1.5m Altos Reales, which is described elsewhere in this article, has a selection of great properties ranging from €1.5m.
Where are Sierra Blanca and Cascada de Camojan?
These urbanisations are located on the hills overlooking the glamorous Marbella Golden Mile, at the foot of the famous La Concha mountain which towers over the town. As a result of its hillside location most of the properties in these areas feature superb sea views, over to Gibraltar and the African mountains.
They are just a few minutes drive North from the Marbella Golden Mile.
Located just between Cascada de Camojan and Sierra Blanca is the small urbanisation of Altos Reales (also known by its English title of Royal Heights). If you are interested in Sierra Blanca and Cascada de Camojan property we would highly recommend you include properties within this area in your search.
Being in the same place it obviously has all of the location benefits of the other two. It is a little of a cross between Sierra Blanca and Cascada de Camojan with a lower build density than Sierra Blanca and a 24 hour manned security entrance gate.
What is the difference between Sierra Blanca and Cascada de Camojan?
Despite being the newer of the two Sierra Blanca is probably the best known exclusive villa location within Marbella due to recent growth and great marketing during this growth.
Cascada de Camojan is the longer established of the two and has long been the favoured position for wealthy Marbella property owners. As a result of its age, with many of the properties being built when land was far cheaper, Cascada de Camojan benefits from a much lower build density, consisting predominantly of very grand villas on large plots with impressive mature gardens. By comparison much of Sierra Blanca is far higher build density with grand villas on smaller plots.
As a result of the lower build density Cascada de Camojan is often the more tranquil of the two locations for those seeking total serenity. Cascada de Camojan is named after the waterfalls in the area which run after heavy rainfall.
Cascada de Camojan also benefits from better security at its access points. With only one way in and one way out Cascada de Camojan, and Altos Reales, benefit from private road systems and gated 24 hour manned security entrance points. Sierra Blanca have 24 hour on site security patrols.
Cascada de Camojan, Altos Reales and Sierra Blanca are all exceptional places to live and feature some of the finest real estate in Marbella. Which location is best for you will depend on your specific desires and needs and the available properties when you are looking to buy. Hopefully the above guide will help you choose which suits your needs best.
Take a look at our current selection: